Things you need to look for when picking an instructor and program
1-Experience and wisdom that comes from experience and practice.
2-Do they practice what they preach?
3-Are they living examples of what they teach?
4-Do you personally feel a resonance with him/her?
5-Do you feel inspired by him/her?
6-Do they “keep it real”?
Worst Malpractices in Yoga
~ Wanting too much, too soon.
~ Not listening to your body and honoring your body.
~ Not being content with where you are right now – but also
being too easy on yourself. It’s all about finding the right balance.
~ Patience is the greatest virtue when it comes to yoga practice.
~ Yoga teachers should also be careful of not pushing students to do more than they are ready for. I have myself been guilty of this. I’m working on it!
What the different styles are and why YOU will love ours
Today there are many styles of yoga, too many to list. Some of the most well-known are:
Every teacher has their own style of teaching, so in a sense there are
as many styles as there are teachers. This is probably true of anything. Even Bikram teachers differ from each other. Many teachers these days take what they
feel is the best from the different styles. This is what we do.
Bikram and Power Yoga I take the principle of heating the body in order to get the best stretch, and that can be done externally by heating the room, or internally by getting a very good warm up. From Ashtanga Yoga I take the flowing movements and the core strength exercises.
From Kundalini I take movements that I use as warm-ups, plus the breath of fire. Etc. I have also come up with my own exercises, too, some of which I only later discovered were being used in other styles of yoga.
The beauty of my training is that we learn to appreciate all the different styles of yoga for what they have to offer, and we look at yoga from the broadest perspective possible, learning about the history, philosophy, culture, etc.
My program provides a very well-rounded yoga education. After you take my program, you might want to “specialize” in a certain yoga style or path, and some of my students have done just that.
Others will do what I do – take what they feel is the best, and leave the rest.
Whats wrong with the Yoga Industry Today
Nowadays Yoga certainly has become a very marketable commodity, and in doing so, a lot of the traditional teachings (some of them ancient) have been getting lost in the mix. But this comes with the territory
Other than the commodification of yoga, the other thing I sometimes see in yoga is a judgment of other teachers and styles which kind of goes against the teachings of yoga — which is not to say there isn’t room for constructive criticism, but as long as that’s done in the spirit of compassionate communication.
There’s a difference between a yogi and someone who does yoga. For a yogi, yoga is a complete way of life. Everything they do is for that one aim: “Yoga,” meaning complete Union, Harmony, Oneness. We yoga people need to practice what we preach. I’m working on it!
5-) top ten benefits of yoga in your opinion…
1) Breathing – Learn to breathe deeply (diaphragmatically) , and breathe through the nose. Through breath awareness alone, your whole life will change.
2) Self-awareness — learn about your body and mind intimately – know yourself!
3) Mental focus, concentration – mastery of mind
4) Relaxation — learn how to deeply relax – very useful for every athlete, every sport
5) Self-healing — heal from injuries more quickly
6) Preventive maintenance – prevent injuries from happening, maintain your natural youthful appearance
7) Stress management – more effectively deal with stress in your life
8) Weight management – get to your ideal weight and stay there (because you have less stress, you will not tend to gain weight, unless you want to)
9) Spiritual teachings – help you live a more balanced, healthy, wise, and useful life
10) Presence – Yoga teaches you how to live in the Now, and to appreciate this moment, not getting too bogged down in the past or the future. It ultimately teaches surrender to life as it is right now, not how we think it should be. This eliminates a lot of pain and negativity.
+ 1 : )
11) Enjoy life more – through yoga, if you really apply yourself and learn it, you will feel better overall and many new possibilities will open up for you, some of which you might not even be aware exist for you right now. There will be more love, joy, wonder, and gratitude in your life than you thought possible. This all happens through disciplined practice.
teach me here…anything you are passionate about …let me know..the more angrier or enthusiastic something gets you let me know.