Teens Ages 13-17
Discover How You Can Influence Your Teens Life… Before It Is Too Late…
Attention Parents: This is your last chance to give your child the opportunity to get an education that is not thoughts in our school system. Lets face it, teens are difficult to deal with and the main reason is because they are going through a really difficult transition in their lives. The harsh truth is that most parents have their hands full with bills and jobs, and that most teachers in middle schools and high schools are underpaid, burned out, unmotivated, and lack the freedom to put effort into your son or daughter and make sure they stay on the right path throughout this difficult stage. Here are some things your son or daughter will face throughout these years (this is the harsh truth, so I apologized if this is hard to hear for some parents).
- Puberty, Obesity, Inadequacy of their changing bodies
- Relationships and Heart Breaks
- Internet and Social Media Influences
- Media Influences
- Bad Influences from Peers
- Bullying ( Please read below)
- Applying to College
- Self Confidence and Insecurities
- Skipping School
- Grades Drop
- Disobedience and Rebellion
- Aggressive Behaviors and/or Frustration of not yet being an adult but wanting to have adult freedoms
- Opportunity to get college credit
- First jobs
- And so much more…
it is truly a difficult age, and your worst enemy thought out this time is their free time to get in all sorts of trouble.
The problem is that by this time in their lives 99% of teens have become immune to the advise of their parents( Discipline, Good Grades, Hard Work). Don’t worry is not your fault, the reason is very simple, they have been hearing the same advice for over 10 years and it has lost its effect. Unfortunately for youthis might be the last opportunity to make sure they get on track, or if they are on track this is the home stretch and you need to make sure they do not deviate from the path. Read closely:
“One bad decision can completely affect the chances of your child getting into college, or pursuing ambitious goals with all the time they currently have in their lives”
I see it all the time, great kids falling victims to the bad influences of their peers. Troubled teens disrespecting their parents, girls getting pregnant, not applying to colleges in time and losing out on scholarships. Using drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes… it is truly a mess. The bad things that used to happen in college are now happening in middle schools!
FACT: Whatever you think your child is doing that’s bad, the reality is probably a lot worse!Why is this true…look, rock and roll wasn’t that bad compared to what is on the radio now but to the parents of the teens listening to rock and roll the world was coming to an end. You have heard what’s on the radio … it has all the right beats, but the songs are full of hate, violence and profanity, nasty profanity.
Forgive me for being so blunt but this is the sad reality we are fighting against. You will struggle controlling their friends, and what they do on their free time, what they see in the internet, they look at themselves as adults and want to act freely even though they don’t quite yet understand the re-precautions of playing with fire. I have made the following line famous at my school with all the parents:
“You can’t control their friends, but you sure can control their environment”- Roberto Torralbas
Teens will make friends no matter were we put them, they will make choices, but if we introduce them to positive environments the number of bad choices they can make diminish and the worst friends they could make in a great environment will be a lot better than the average friend of a bad environment, this I can guarantee as I personally experienced this. Read my story below.
Fortunately for you we are very aware of this fact at Team Third Law , and that’s why everyday we work to make all of our program better, and able to help more people’s life.
Our Teens Program works in two ways:
- It encourages teens that are doing awesome in school to raise their standards and go onto top level universities,get high SAT’s scores and AP classes, and so much more
- If your teen is in need of discipline, and needs to be taught respect,and be put in the right track…we are very good at THOUGH LOVE as well
Our program does not play around with teens. It runs on strict discipline. We have learned over the years that sometimes all these rebellious teens need is a different voice from their parent to guide them and tell them what they need to do to get ahead in life in a realistic, down-to-earth manner. We will teach them three amazing martial arts Brazilialian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and Wrestling, which will catch their attention and focus them for three simple reasons:
This Is Why Your Teen Will Listen To Us!
You may be wondering how will get you teen to follow our advice when he currently may listen to no one. Great Question!
1. The truth is what we do is really cool and I am talking about the activity itself!
They will be amazed of how easily they will be able to defeat larger opponents with technique and gain confidence in their own ability to stand on their own (addressing that insecurity that we included as one of the challenges they face that we listed above). They will lose weight, gain muscle, develop the always-wanted six pack and athletic bodies they see in the movies, giving them even more confidence (and physical health).
2. We have been working with teens and children for over 4 years and after hundreds of kids we have the equation down!
Team Third Law is an always changing and adapting environment. Every students we get teaches us something about our teaching methodology and we adapt and improve every system we have with all the feedback we get. After having taught kids for over 4 years of all ages we and analyzing all the feedback have developed a very good system for teaching them.
3. The environment is Exciting, Classes are Never Dull or Boring, Always Learning new concepts and Ideas.
4. Our staff is young.
5. Real Talk – no beating around the bush
6. I personally had difficult teen years so I can relate to their challenges and struggle. Please read my story below!
Let Me Introduce Myself and Tell You My About My Teenage Years
…and how they served me to now be able to help your teen
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM ROBERTO TORRALBAS!
My name is Roberto Torralbas and I’d like to thank you for visiting my website. I’m glad you came, because I’m on an unstoppable mission to help as many people in teens in Collier and Lee County experience the benefits of our programs.
I’m passionate when it comes to teens. I really can relate to them. It is a very challenging age for all of them and one bad step can completely set them back in life.
I was born in Cuba and came to the United States when I was 10 with my mother, leaving all my family behind seeking a better future. Life in Cuba as I remember was very much different than in the United States ,I learned a lot from the streets,no video games, no ipads, no electricity ;). The discipline taught at school was super strict, and my mother never cared fro B’s if I didn’t bring home A’s I was in big trouble.
When I came to the United States at the age of ten as a political refugee, life still had it challenges. My mother work 2 and 1/2 jobs and donated blood every other day to help us get by. We moved from tiny studios/efficiencies around 10 times in the first 4 years.No one wanted to rent to a mother and child because it was more costly electricity wise than a single occupant.
I am keeping the story super short, because I want you to learn a bit about the person who will change your teens life forever.
In the United States as soon as I turned 13 I got a construction Job on the side to help my mother. I used to get payed 5 dollars an hour, the work was super rough, but it was illegal to hire 13 year old and that was my only opportunity to contribute to our house hold. My mother never remarried so it was always me and her against the struggle.
I attended Miami Senior High School, which at the time was a GRADED A “D” Level school. Some of my Cuban friends from Middles School starting going off to the wrong path, drugs, fights, skipping school, and other illegal activities. I had and have so much respect for my mother than I found ways to CAREFULLY disassociate from this group.
I really like math at the time and sports so I started concentrating on a dream of going to MIT ( Massachusetts Institute of Technology) the #1 school in engineering in the world!
I took every single AP (Advanced Placement) class my school offered, and when i had taken all of them I went to Miami Dade College and Florida International University and by the time I finished with high schools had also finished every single Math and Physics class these two campuses offer to college students going for their bachelors.
It was a sad day when I got declined by MIT! It really broke my heart. Nevertheless I said to myself I will attend the best school I get accepted to. That was Cornell University ranked #6 at the times by the U.S News Magazine Ranking System. Cornell was rough and challenging even though I was one of the best students in Florida at Cornell I was at best average.
I was also broke Cornell is expensive and obviously I was on my own, my mother with two security officer jobs could not afford a school that was about $50,000 dollars a year.
I ended up being homeless TWICE at Cornell, suffering huge pains from not having any money to remove my wisdom teeth, and starving . Really a crazy story , but I most move on. I graduated with a 3.3 GPA with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
At Cornell I was introduced to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I felt in love with this beautiful art. I trained through out my 4 college years and after college when I took my first engineering job I knew my heart was with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I followed my now wife to Naples, FL and I started team Third Law and the rest is history. The best decision of my life as I am now happy as a pig in the mud ;).
Life has blessed me with a difficult path, and now the ability to influence the life of children and specially teens. I look at them and I know:
- Their counselors won’t tell them all they need to know to get into their dream school.
- They wont know how to get into AP classes or study and take the SATS
- They will be put in social situations where drugs are involved
- They will think being a “player” ( womanizer) is a good thing due to the influences of the media
- The girls will feel pressure when it comes to relationships and see other girls having sex and dressing scandalous.
- They could end up in violent confrontations, by bullies or gangs
I see all of this and I know I can LOGICALLY understand why they need to take the road less traveled. At team Third Law I will make their minds strong by the Martial Arts training we offer. They will become discipline about their bodies and about their minds. Every day I am on a mission to constantly make Team Third Law the best environment you could get your teen involved in. Martial Arts when aught and done right have nothing in comparison. The way our program works is simple:
- First they will learn how to defend themselves, train hard, control their bodies, they will experience hard work as athletes, exhaustion. It is very important for teens to discover what hard work is and how far they can push themselves.
- Second they will develop and be taught mental toughness that will allow them to exert themselves more every day pass a new point. It is very important for them to understand that when the going gets though” When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
- Third they will develop discipline in their training all the way from etiquette and attendance all the way through patience and serenity during live training. It is very important for them to understand that without discipline success will be limited in every area of life.
- Fourth they will learn to transfer thus discipline and respect for their training to the valuabel things in life: family, academic work, responsibility, etc.. They will learn not to respect the bad things media pushes on them everyday. It is important fro their success in the martial arts to transfer to their success in the world.
I look forward to having you teen in my class and guiding him for his/her future success!
Roberto Torralbas Head Instructor, and Owner of Team Third Law
Better Than Sports, and any other Activty Our Program is Designed Give All The Tools Your Teen Will Need To Be Successful
When was the last time you heard that your local middle school or high school had a class where they taught respect, discipline, honesty and integrity… We follow two pillars when teaching anyone at our school:
- Build the individual the citizen then the athlete.
- Honor, Respect, Discipline, then martial arts.
You will catch me saying this many times through a year…I build this two phrases two remind me of what our goals are as an academy. The truth is we don’t consider our selves a martial arts school, but an Institute of Personal Development through the Martial arts. You always hear that its the responsibility the parents to teach such things, but personally I know that some parents work around the clock, and there is very little time left in the day. Before you know it kids are all grown up in the blink of an eye. I much rather have a class at our high schools that focused on respect, discipline, honesty and integrity that focused on this at school rather than some garbage your son or daughter will never used. Luckily for you I am very passionate about our youth and I tell you why in the message below: I promise you this: Our school will:
- teach your child discipline
- teach your child the value ad meaning of hard work
- teach your child manners
- teach your child to value the efforts of his parents
- teach your child to be a strong adult before hi peers
- inform you child about the college , advance placement classes, and the application process
- set high standards for your child in their academics and their behavior
- give your child Monthly Assignments designed by Ivy League Graduates (these assignments are eye-opening assignments that teach very important lessons. I guarantee you, your son or daughter is not getting this education at their school.)
- teach your child realistic self defense skills that will help them from any form of attack..
- get your child in superior athletic shape
- raise your child self esteem and confidence
- have your child showing you the highest level of respect.
- teach your child how to handle competition and stress
- teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- teach Muay Thai
- teach Boxing